September 20, 2013

Blogtember Day 14 - COMFORT, eep!

React to this term: ... comfort ...

If you ever think the about the word "comfort", or you are feeling a little bit blue, and feeling like needing some comfort right now, let's take it to the technical level and get rid of that lingering blue feeling...

Well, ... I just think that "COMFORT", c-o-m-f-o-r-t, is not a really pretty word if we do not know what it means! Try to say it over and over again, like every word, it will sound weird in the end, and truly, I don't think the word comfort represents what it should mean.

The thing about words, and languages, of course, they are there to give us a common ground in describing some things we know. So then we associate that thing with the word, and so even though the word comfort in my mind helps to pop images like cushions, sofa, warmth, quilt, bed, and people hugging, the word itself, well, it doesn't really sound pretty, does it? Coooommmmmfffoooortttt. Eep! :S

It sounds more like, come forth! Or... why is there a fort in it?... A fort is hard, and tough, and cold... Such confusing conflicting word ... :P

I think the things that comfort describes should be called as "fluff", or "mmmhhhh", or even "^^hmmm..." instead. Don't you think? Talking about some gibberish language in the most random manner me, yes. Haha. Sorry for the rambling, I'd like to present you with the etymology of the word or the history of the term, but I haven't search them yet. Also, I wanted to describe what the term comfort is to me, but I thought that would be boring, so...*
 

:D

Happy Friday!
Hope you have a good one,
Em

*Well, okay, here are some things that are in my term of comfort.
A hug, the longest hug, the warmth from a bonfire in a cold night, curling under the duvet on the coolest fluffiest bed, pillows, cushions, a tub full of warm water, and a bathroom with flickering scented candles! --As long as they are not suffocatingly overly sweetly scented. :S



4 comments :

  1. lol you are so true! I never thought of it in that way before, but now that I think about it, comfort really sounds not-pretty.

    BTW, I love how you are managing your blog! very inspiring!
    Also, thank you for visiting my blog :)

    http://victorialovestyle.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, right? :D

      THANK YOU for your very kind comment and for visiting..! :)

      Love,
      Em

      Delete