January 10, 2014

How to Insert Your Blog Button in Blogger (for Real)

So, to insert your blog button, in Blogger :
  1. Go to the menu --> 'Layout' --> 'Add a Gadget' (anywhere you want to put it) --> 'HTML/Javascript'

  2. Simply copy and paste the following, then 'Save'! You can completely ignore the 'Title' if you want to.
    I mean, ... just fill in the following details and it will show you the code to copy and paste. :D


    Your blog address :

    Your image address :

    Display image width : Display image height :

    Target image width : Target image height :








    - Your blog address is your preferred landing page, e.g. http://emdemillia.blogspot.com.
    - Your image address is the direct link to your image. Usually it is whatever that is in the address bar, I mean where we usually type the www(dot) something, when we double click on the image. But when you do that and the links seems too long, try to find something link 'direct link to this image' or something like that then try to copy and paste that into a new browser window to see whether that directs you to the image.
    - Wherever you put your image, make sure it is not made private. Meaning, anyone can view it without needing to sign in as you.
    - Display image width and height is the preferred image width and height of the picture in pixels, e.g. 100, 900, etc. As a depiction, here is how 100 pixels looks like. Here, to here.
    - Target image width and height is your preferred width and height of the image should someone copy the code in your box! :))

    It should look something like this:


  3. Now you can rearange where the order of your sidebar by dragging and dropping each item (items with the grey mini left bar) and then 'Save Arrangement' on the right top corner.

Anddd... done! Please do let me know how it goes if you try it. :)



I wanted to post something a bit out of my usual track today (what is even my track), --I updated my blog template, yay! New year, new template! :P

Some of the links haven't properly worked yet, some texts are still swirly whirly (read: harder to read), and I disabled right click once one time a long long time ago, and now I can't remember where I put that piece of script :S, so, sorry for that, and,... I'm still building pages here and there, but it's updating! :D



...



*crickets -- None of you cares ---



...



Haha, :P aaanyway! :D So what I really mean is that, with those tweaking, I found out several things that I would like to 'share'. Well, share feels like a bit overrated, but I mean, should anyone ever need it, it will be documented here (and MANY other resources all over the internet, :S but also here! :D). Hopefully broken down pretty well as well, as I don't wish to further confuse anyone, eep!

Whereas, if you don't need the above, then I'm sorry, this post is probably useless for you. --But wishing you a LOVELY day today, and thanks for visiting! :D



Cheers!




17 comments :

  1. Tips for the blog are always useful. LOVE your blog button! It's so cute. I need to put mine back. LOL
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Kim, thank you for your sweet comment. Will never be as lovely as you and your blog! :)) LOL, yes, please put it back!

      Love,
      Emm

      Delete
  2. Great and very useful post. Thanks so much, I will have to do this sometime soon.
    Happy New Year. /Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! :) Thank you too for your visit and lovely comment. Let me know how it goes if you try it. :) Happy New Year to you too!

      Love,
      Emm

      Delete
  3. Hello Emm....
    I search for such posts all the time!! They are really helpful... Great post babes...
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment...Would you like to follow each other? I think it would be a fun idea...Let me know...:)
    Neha
    Let's talk about everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Neha, glad you enjoyed it. :) But you are gorgeous and that dress was lovely! :) I followed you.

      Cheers,
      Emm

      Delete
  4. This is absolutely useful! Thanks for the tips ;) x
    DreamerDreamBigger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip! But I have a question (that is probably really dumb) but why do you need a button to link to your blog if you're already on the page when you see it? Of is this not what the button is for? Sorry but I don't understand haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I emailed you with the answer, it was quite long to put here too apparently.

      xo,
      Emm

      Delete
  6. Very useful!! =)
    Thanks for visiting my blog, I already followed you on GFC & Bloglovin!

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu, glad it's useful!! :D Thank you for following and visiting back too!

      xo,
      Emm

      Delete
  7. Thank you for nominating me, :) I'll create the post soon.

    xo,
    Emm

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow thank you so much for sharing this!

    http://hellodida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I nominated you!
    http://bellisalife.blogspot.pt/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D I will create the post soon!

      xo,
      Emm

      Delete